At City College we know that moving to a new country and starting at a new school is a fun and exciting time. We are also aware that sometimes students might feel a little anxious.
Our professional, supportive team of staff are here to make it as easy as possible for you to settle into your studies at City College Brighton and to enjoy your time in the UK. We provide a caring environment and a range of services to prepare you to come to the UK. These include pre-arrival guidance to help you find the right course, visa and immigration advice and an accommodation service.
The support we provide is on-going. Your academic success and personal wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do.
• Academic guidance: to ensure that your course is best-suited to achieve your future study or career plans.
• Info pack: sent to all students offering valuable information which will help you plan and prepare for student life in the UK.
• Visa help: personalised advice with your visa application and travelling arrangements.
• Induction programme: Designed to make you feel welcome and part of the college community. Meet other students and find your way around the college and local area.
• Welcome pack: contains materials for your lessons and useful maps and information about Brighton.
• Practical tips: settling in Brighton, banking and finance, doctors, wellbeing and working.
DURING YOUR COURSE
• Regular tutorials: Your personal tutor will monitor your progress and will help to support your learning goals.
• Personalised welfare support: available to help you deal with any problems you might encounter during your stay with us.
• 24-hour help: emergency phone number given to all students to access help outside of office hours.
• Specialist advice for University applicants: to help you understand Higher Education options and make decisions for your future.
• Dedicated careers team: free advice and guidance on writing a CV, looking for work and interview techniques.
• Weekly social and cultural activities: to help you meet new people, experience Brighton and develop your language skills.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS UNDER 18
Most of our courses are primarily designed for students aged 18 and older but we do offer a Junior Summer Programme designed especially for younger learners.. Parents or guardians of students under 18 must contact us before booking to discuss the level of care provided.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS WITH LEARNING DIFFICULTIES AND DISABILITIES
We welcome applications from students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
Applicants are encouraged to contact us in advance if they feel they may need additional support.